Newcastle United have moved further away from the relegation zone in the Premier League after their impressive 2-1 away win over Southampton in their rescheduled game on Thursday night. New signing Bruno Guimares scored the winning goal in the second half to hand the Magpies the three points at stake. The Brazil international scored the winner on the occasion of his first start for Newcastle United following his big transfer from French giants Lyon during the winter transfer window.
The Eddie Howe-led Newcastle United team came into the Southampton game with a seven-point advantage over the relegation zone and they were able to increase it to a ten-point advantage thanks to their comeback win over the Saints. Newcastle United also had an unbeaten run of eight games in the league ahead of the Southampton clash and they were able to increase their unbeaten run to nine games after their victory at the St. Mary’s Stadium. Continue reading NEWCASTLE MOVE FURTHER AWAY FROM RELEGATION
Newcastle United will be without midfielder Isaac Hayden for the visit of Manchester United in the Premier League after he accumulated five yellow cards and an automatic one-game ban as a result.
Ex-Arsenal star Hayden received his fifth yellow card of the current Premier League season during the Manchester City game at the St. James Park on Sunday afternoon. He was unable to prevent Newcastle United from a 4-0 home defeat at the hands of the Premier League champions with two goals coming in each half. The Portugal international duo of centre back Ruben Dias and full back Joao Cancelo scored in the first half to give Manchester City a 2-0 lead at the half-time break before Algerian national team star RiyadMahrez and England player Raheem Sterling added further goals in the second half to make it a comprehensive scoreline.
Newcastle United striker Callum Wilson has been ruled out for six weeks after he picked up a hamstring problem at the end of last month. According to the report from the stables of The Athletic, Newcastle United star Wilsonwill miss out on several Premier League games until after the October international break as a result of the hamstring injury sustained during the second half of the Premier League home clash with Southampton.
England international Wilson limped off with the hamstring problem during the Saints encounter shortly after he scored his second Premier League goal of the season. Ahead of last weekend’s game at Manchester United, Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce told reporters in his pre-match presser that a timescale has not been determined for Wilson. Continue reading WILSON RULED OUT UNTIL OCTOBER
Newcastle United have initiated talks and are gaining in on the possibility of signing Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina this summer. The Tyneside club are keen to add one more midfielder to their ranks in this transfer window and have already started negotiations with the South Coast club about the possibility of snapping up the Gabonese international star. Newcastle originally want to sign Arsenal star Joe Willock permanently from Arsenal after the youngster spent a cherishable stint on loan at St James’s Park last season but they have been told by the Gunners that they are not going to let the player leave.
After the successful campaign he had at Newcastle last season where he scored a couple of goals for the club, some of their fans started calling for him to be signed permanently. A host of them even reached out to the England Under-20 star via his official social media accounts as they started pleading with him to return to their club, but he responded by saying that it’s not entirely up to him to decide that. Continue reading NEWCASTLE OPEN TALKS TO SIGN SOUTHAMPTON MIDFIELDER
Newcastle United midfielder Joe Willock has been rewarded for his good form in front of goal after he was named the Premier League Player of the Month for May 2021. He was confirmed as the recipient of the award earlier on Saturday.
Willock has been in fantastic form for Newcastle United since moving to the club during the January transfer window. The young English midfielder moved to St. James Park on a short-term loan deal from Arsenal. Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce has already confirmed that they are willing to sign the Arsenal loanee permanently. Continue reading WILLOCK REWARDED FOR GOOD SCORING FORM
Brighton and Hove Albion edged closer to Premier League safety with the point earned at Chelsea via the goalless draw played when the two teams met at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night.
The Seagulls are in a relegation battle with four other teams namely Newcastle United, Burnley, West Brom and Fulham. Two teams from those four abovementioned teams would join already relegated Sheffield United in the English Championship next season. Continue reading BRIGHTON MOVE CLOSER TO SAFETY
According to various reports coming from multiple sources in the Italian press, Premier League club Newcastle United want to sign defender Omar Colley from Italian Serie A club Sampdoria and are reportedly close to doing so after it emerged that they can snap him up for £7 million. Transfer expert Yeni A sir revealed that the Tyneside club have been in negotiations with the Italian side in recent weeks but have failed to arrive at an agreement ever since.
The defender himself is said to be interested in a move to Newcastle after reportedly telling his friends and loved ones that he would cherish the idea of playing in the English Premier League. At 28 years of age, Omar has cemented himself at the heart of the Sampdoria defense and was arguably one of the best central defenders in the league in the 2019/20 season due to his outstanding performances. Continue reading NEWCASTLE REPORTEDLY CLOSE TO SIGNING SERIE A DEFENDER
Newcastle United are moving to extend Crystal Palace transfer target Ciaran Clark’s contract at the club to fend off interest from other clubs both in the Premier League and abroad. According to The Athletic, manager Steve Bruce is a fan of the player and wants him to remain at the club so he can play his part in helping them secure their Premier League status this season.
Clark has been a starter in each of the last eight games Newcastle have played this season and has a contract that will run out at the end of the summer. His reluctance to sign a new deal has alerted Crystal Palace who have outlined their interest in snapping up the player whom they admire so much. Continue reading NEWCASTLE LOOKING TO EXTEND CIARAN CLARK’S CONTRACT